Internet Anthropologist Think Tank: Black Hat PSA, Cyber Pirates

  • Search our BLOG


  • HOME
    Terrorist Names SEARCH:
    Loading

    Thursday, October 28, 2010

    Black Hat PSA, Cyber Pirates

    Welcome to "black hats", 

    "white hats", and 21st Century 

    "cyber swashbucklers"


    The Revolutionary War was fought and financed by bonded privateers, legalized pirates who were given Letters of Marque and Reprisal by the Continental Congress and authorized to attack, capture and monetize British ships. The purpose of this site is to explore the possibility of a modern-day doctrine much like the Monroe Doctrine, by means of which the U.S. government could legally and, more importantly, effectively stop international hackers. Current cybercrime law is not only ineffective, but downright stupid. My Linux servers are attacked hundreds of times a day (mostly from China and former USSR domains), yet if I retaliate against those servers with some creative technology at my disposal (I know some VERY smart guys), then I am in violation of federal law and subject to some onerous penalties. We need more than a new law. We need a new international doctrine. I call it The Morgan Doctrine, named after Morgan Rapier, a fictional character I've created (hey, this is my way of establishing ownership of the concept, should it ever see the light of day).
    SOURCE:

    Welcome to "black hats", "white hats", and 21st Century "cyber swashbucklers"



    Gerald


    Hat Tip: 
    .

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home