The government has admitted to at least 27 fatalities in Tehran but the true numbers are most probably much higher. The Campaign has been able to identify only the names of four persons killed in Tehran during recent protests because of the extreme restrictions imposed by the government. There are also reports of fatalities in other cities but the Campaign has not been able to collect any reliable information.
1) Neda Aghasoltan, student, was murdered at the demonstration in Tehran on 20 June 2009
2) Naser Amirnejad, Aerospace PhD student, was murdered during the attack on the Tehran University dormitories on the night of Wednesday, 14 June 2009. His body was buried in his home town, one of the villages in the city of Yasouj on 19 June 2009.
3) Mostafa Ghanian, graduate student at Tehran University, was murdered during the attack on the Tehran University Dormitories on the night of Monday , 14 June 2009. His body was buried in his home town in Mashad on 21 June 2009.
4) Mehdi Karami, killed in Jonat Abad Street, Tehran, 15 June 2009
5) Eight people were killed during the attack to the peaceful demonstration in Tehran on 15 June 2009, according to the government report
6) At least nineteen people were killed during the attack on the peaceful demonstration in Tehran on 20 June 2009, according to the government report
There are also several hundred injuries about which there is no available information. Some of the injuries could be life threatening. The Campaign has been informed that Ashkan Zahabian, a member of the Modern Faction of the Islamic Students Association of Ferdowsi University has been severely injured after attacks by members of Basiji Militia and is currently in a coma.
Labels: Iranian Dead