Internet Anthropologist Think Tank: Thomas P.M. Barnett on Iran uprising

  • Search our BLOG


  • HOME
    Terrorist Names SEARCH:
    Loading

    Wednesday, June 17, 2009

    Thomas P.M. Barnett on Iran uprising

    Thomas P.M. Barnett on Iran uprising

    He has predicted such an outcome by 2010 in previous books.
    Quotes from Barnett:

    "I see the unrest to date and welcome it, but I do not share this mushrooming of enthusiasm for, and expectation of, a bottom-up revolution in Iran.

    This may well be the start, but I suspect we're a long ways from a successful peak. I just don't see that correlation of forces yet.
    Apologies, but I have simply been unable to track this much (or in a timely fashion from Shanghai, where I have been maximally engaged).

    Thus we watch for the surge to develop some serious legs, and that's where I'm pessimistic.

    (This maybe growing legs, see my post:G )

    http://warintel.blogspot.com/2009/06/iran-paradigm-intel-061609.html


    Hmmm.

    Then I peruse the Wikipedia entry on the election and I get more upbeat.

    Arguing against the Tehran-is-important-but-unrepresentative-of-Iran argument is the larger youth-skewed demographic reality.

    In short, the optimist argues that this contested election proves how doomed theocracy is in Iran, the question being only timing."

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


    Gerald

    Anthropologist

    .



    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home